Singapore Singles Dating Tip: How to Keep Relationships Going
We all experience cycles of high and low in our relationships. But to weather the challenges together with your partner and keep the relationship going is a great challenge for most couples. Sometimes it is due to the desire to find a ‘new thrill’ or to give up the relationship due to some problems and difficulties. As dating coaches, we do not encourage hopping from one relationship to another for the simple reason of losing interest, which could have many hidden causes. Instead, we encourage you to rekindle the love in your relationship in a practical way. Here are some tips and advice for you:
- Never stop having fun on your dates. Be creative and keep your dates interesting and delighting.
- Reveal too much of yourself at one go is bad. To keep your date’s interest there should be an element of mystery, so don’t tell everything about yourself too soon.
- Keep your independence. You should continue with your main life, socializing with your friends, pursuing your interests, etc. Things often go wrong because you give up your normal life too soon. You don’t need to start explaining everything you do or where you go. The busier you are the more they want to know you.
- Don’t give in to sexual desires too soon. Many people have lost someone because they gave in too soon. Sex between two people brings a special closeness, so it shouldn’t be immediate.
- Plan and work together as a team. Work on some common goals, like planning a holiday or vacation. This is a first step to building a strong foundation for the future.
- Keep laughing together. Humor often disappears in relationships. By keeping things fun and entertaining, interest in one another continues.
- Spend time together. A lot of relationships drift apart because no one wants to put time in. Quality time will strengthen your bond. You should put each other first as often as possible.
- Talk and listen to each other. After dating awhile couples forget how to talk to each other. Talking about how you feel, whether it’s good or bad will make a difference whether or not the two of you survive. And you should listen to your partner, sometimes they are telling you things in the most subtle way. By listening to your love one, you will see how to keep the momentum going.
- Be creative and proactive. No matter how long you have been dating this is always a good tip. Routine is boring. Get into the habit of surprising your partner, whether it be by bringing flowers home from work, or a surprise getaway.